After a long tiring day or before a tiring workout all you need is a can of monster energy. A can of Monster energy can boost your energy level and you will roar like a monster. In addition, it is super tasty and energetic at the same time…. So why not another one?
But do you wonder how long this drink will keep my energy level high? Or if it is safe for me? Well, that is what we will explore today. So stay with us till the very end to explore more about Monster Energy drinks.
Monster Energy is an energy drink by Hansen Natural Company in 2002. It is now known as Monster Beverage Corporation. This Drink is known to give a temporary boost to your energy and also improves your physical and cognitive performance. It is a perfect blend of caffeine, sugar, and their special ingredient.
It is actively marketed by the company as a drink to improve your physical and mental performance. This drink contains a high level of sugar, caffeine, and ginseng that can help you to recover your energy fast.
Let find out about it by taking a close look at the ingredient list:
|Carbonated Water||Sucrose||Glucose||Citric Acid|
|Taurine||Additional Colors||Natural Flavor||Panax Ginseng Root Extract|
|Sodium Chloride||Glycine Max Glucuronolactone||Inositol||L-Carnitine|
|L-Tartrate||Caffeine||Sorbic Acid (Preservative)||Benzoic Acid (Preservative)|
|Niacinamide(Vitamin B3)||Guarana Seed Extract||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)||Sucralose|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||Maltodextrin||Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)||Sodium Citrate|
|Nutritional value per 100 mL|
|Energy||201 kJ (48 kcal)|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.7 mg|
|Niacin (B3)||8.5 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin B12||2.5 μg|
How does Monster Energy provide Energy?
Monster energy provides your energy because of the equal blend of caffeine, sugar, and special ingredients. The caffeine gives you an energy boost and keeps you awake for a long period. In addition, sugar gives you extra energy. Moreover, taurine and Panax ginseng extract help you to stay alert and focused.
How Long Does a Regular Can of Monster Energy Keep You Up?
Generally, a can of Monster energy drink takes around hours to get absorbed in your bloodstream. It can provide your energy for around 7-8 hours in general. It is also popularly known as 5-hour energy as it provides energy for 5 hours long.
Benefits of Monster Energy Drink
Monster Energy drink is not a healthy drink but it does have some benefits. Let take a look at them:
- Monster Energy Drinks contain four B Vitamins. This includes Vitamin B6, B12, B3, and B2. The B Vitamins are important for you to derive energy from the food you eat and are water-soluble vitamins. You need to intake them regularly to fulfill your daily needs.
- Energy Boost: Monster Energy Drinks give you an instant energy boost. This drink contains a high level of caffeine. This caffeine acts as a central nervous stimulant, enhances cognitive functions, and also increases your concentration.
- Panax ginseng Root Extract: Monster energy drink also contains extract of ginseng root. It is a root herb that gives you an extra energy boost. It is a good source of antioxidants, has healing properties, prevents cancer, and also improves immunity.
- Guarana Seed Extract: This Energy drink also contains guarana seed extract. It contains caffeine which acts as a stimulant and gives you an instant energy boost.
- Taurine: Taurine is an amino acid that combines with caffeine to give you a monstrous energy boost. It also protects organs and improves performance.
- Focus: Monster Energy drink contains caffeine that is known to improve focus, enhance mental and physical performance.
Is Monster Energy good for your health?
Monster Energy Drink is not so good for your health. It also contains many not-so-good ingredients. Let’s take a look at them.
Monster Energy Drink contains a high level of caffeine. This caffeine gives you an instant energy boost but in the long term or when consumed at a high level has many side effects. It is advised not to consume more than one can a day.
A single 16 fl. oz or around 400 ml of Monster energy drink contains 54g sugar. This is a dangerous amount and exceeds average daily consumption. It is generally believed that an adult man should consume 25% of sugar and men should consume only 38% sugar per day.
Sucralose is known to reduce good bacteria and interferes with your diet.
Monster Energy drink is not recommended to consume daily but is safe to have once in a while. It will give you an instant energy boost and you are all set to rock. Moreover, you can also try other alternatives like Red Bull, Rocstar, Celsius, XS, etc.