Many of us have sleep issues, which can be caused by stress, physical discomfort or bad sleeping posture and if we do not get enough quality sleep, everything is impacted and we find it hard to perform.
We trawled the web and found some really good hacks to help you sleep soundly.
- Mattress topper – Order a king mattress topper from Australia’s leading online bedding supplier and enjoy the luxury of a mattress that envelopes your contours. We are all unique when it comes to how we like to sleep; some prefer to lie on their back, others on their front and let’s not forget the foetal position. Memory foam is a great invention that gives you support in all the right places.
- Peaceful sounds – Have you ever tried listening to the ocean slowly roll over the sand? The repetitive hiss and flow can be hypnotic, and many people find this provides the perfect backdrop for sleep. Soft instrumental music is also a good way to prepare your mind for a period of inactivity; experiment to find the right sounds for you.
- Scented candles – Another essential aspect of creating a sleep environment is scent; something like sandalwood and dim lighting can make all the difference. Incense is another great way to prepare for sleep; it definitely has a calming effect.
- Sound insulation – If there is a lot of exterior noise, double-glazing might be a good way to remove ambient noise; you could order some acoustic tiles and place them strategically in the bedroom.
- Try yoga – This ancient practice originated in India and practicing yoga offers physical, mental and spiritual development in a holistic way. As mentioned previously, we are all different and what works for you might not be the solution for me. Meditation trains the mind to sit quietly and this can help a person who overthinks at bedtime.
- Consult a medical professional – This might yield results, or it might not; if you have physical discomfort, it might be an idea to tell your GP and he or she can investigate. Traditional medicine is often the way to get to the root of a health issue; search the web for a local practitioner.
- Medication – Using medication to help you sleep can be a slippery slope that leads to addiction; we would not recommend you seek a solution with drugs of any description, with the exception of marijuana perhaps, which is known to relax the user. If you are on medication, this could be the cause of insomnia; ask your doctor about this.
If you search online, you can find the leading Australian bedding accessories supplier where you can browse a wide selection of mattresses, covers, pillows, quilts and natural bedsheets. One thing you shouldn’t do is accept the situation, as failing to find a resolution is going to impact your health for sure.