Different domains in the world have various bodies to give standardisations to them. This standardisation provides the products with more reliability. One such global body is the International organization of standardisation. It is mandatory to get the certification because the market is widening every moment in digital networks in this age of globalisation. ISO standards do a great job to know which is credible and which one is not.
ISO 27001 certification is also certified by the International Organisation of Standardisation. It takes care of the data controlled in an organisation. It also gives specific rules on how an organisation should function.
Would you please read the article more to know how this certification works and why it is necessary to improve its credibility?
ISO 27001: A short history
ISO 27001 is standardisation which agenda their policies periodically and the latest was in 2013. International Electrotechnical Commission and ISO together are the owners of ISO 27001 certification. The former is a Swiss organisation with a significant focus on electronic systems.
As mentioned above, this certification determines modern organisations’ standards for managing information and data. This certification makes the institution a more credible and secure source, and data is safe with them. It also gives a clear idea about the merits and demerits related to the running of these companies.
Cybersecurity is something that every person should know about in this twenty-first century. In the internet era, every individual should be aware of the significance of cybersecurity, cyberspace and data integrity. There is no critical tool other than ISMS to ensure the company’s integrity in data. It secures information regardless of the multiple locations it is used.
Get an ISO certificate quickly.
It is not easy to get an ISO certificate unless the investor influences internal and external stakeholders. There are three phases in the process, and it is not merely about filling the form and checking it.
The three phases in the ISO certification process
- To verify the main aspects of documentation, the organisation appoints a committee. They give the primary examination of the ISMS.
- This body appointed will audit the organisation in depth. Every individual component of the organisational checked thoroughly to check whether they followed every procedure punctually and appropriately. The committee head will decide whether or not to certify this standard.
- After this decision is made, a follow-up is done to provide certification.
Different sections in ISO 27001 standards
It is essential to know about the separate sections of ISO 27001 before attempting the certification. There are twelve distinct sections in it. They are:
- Introduction: This section is all about information security and the importance of managing risk by an organisation.
- Scope: As the title suggests, the scope suggests the measures ISMS covers in all organisations.
- Normative Reference: It compares the ISO 27000 and ISO 27001 standards.
- Terms and Definition: it explains every terminology used in the certification
- Context of the company: It gives guidance on the stakeholders who create and maintain ISMS
- Leadership: It explains the leadership qualities necessary to maintain and follow the procedures and policies of the ISMS.
- Planning: It gives an overview of risk management’s importance and how it should be planned in the organisation.
- Support: It elaborates the need to boost information security education and responsibilities.
- Operation: The significance of management and documentation of risks to meet standards.
- Evaluation of Performance: It is all about the guidelines which evaluate the performance of ISMS
- Improvement: The standard needs to be updated regularly in audits. This section talks about it.
- Controls and Reference control objectives: It is the detailed annex on the audit.