6 Ways to Bring Back the Spark in Your Relationship!
“The adults will tell you to stop looking for the spark. To settle for stability and companionship. But I don’t think I can sit next to someone on the dinner table for the rest of my life talking only about my day. There needs to be unsaid communication. The sarcasm doesn’t go unnoticed. The teasing doesn’t stop. That chemistry that you can’t find from just a good résumé.” TheMindsJournal
A relationship is a beautiful gift from God that helps two individuals to connect and interact with each other. A relationship is about companionship and love. It is taking care of each other and giving a lot of support and happiness. Spark is one of the main factors in a relationship other than trust and transparency. A relationship will ultimately get boring if there is no spark. Spark is not just in the form of physical attraction, it is also about doing efforts for each other and surprising your partner.
Here are some ways you can bring spark in your relationship:
- Hugs: Hugs are a form of love language that increases oxytocin and serotonin levels in the brain. Someone who is said to go through depression should be given a lot of hugs as a form of love language, from dogs or from your partner. And when you have a partner then you should give into it as much as you can. There are different kinds of hugs. Hugging from behind, hugging when your partner is sad. Their embrace will give you a lot of warmth and will definitely make them feel wanted and secure. Great way to bring a spark.
- Dressing up for your partner: I get it that when you have been in a long-term relationship it often happens that you get very comfortable with your partner and you can be anything around them which is great but at times you need to bring an element of surprise into the relationship. Dress up for date nights. Wear that sexy dress you always wanted to, put on some makeup. Surprise your partner. It will definitely make them understand that you are trying to put a lot of effort for them and will make them more attracted to you.
- Giving gifts: remember that during the initial period of the relationship you used to buy gifts for your partner on their birthdays when you wanted to keep their best interest and buy the best possible thing to surprise them? All these grand gestures should be brought back into the relationship. A gift doesn’t need any occasion. It can be just a small keychain or a tee-shirt of their favorite television show. And c’mon, who doesn’t like gifts?
- Compliment them: words of affirmation is many people’s love language. All that you want in a relationship is to feel wanted and special all the time. Do this.
- Have regular sexual activity: an obvious way to bring spark would have regular intercourse.
- Text regularly, be witty and surprise them.